On Tuesday, November 1, Chelsea G. took home the honors of being the Journalism Scholar of the Month for October.  A first year newspaper student Chelsea was excited to learn all of the new concepts her Newspaper 1 class has to offer.  Chelsea worked hard throughout the month and produced several different articles for her school newspaper.  One article in particular set Chelsea apart from

her peers.20161102_124304

In the month of October Heritage celebrated National School Lunch week with a video tribute to the school’s cafeteria staff.  The video depicted a behind the scenes look at how the school’s food was prepared each day.  During the shooting of this video, Ms. Patricia Crawford, a cafeteria worker stated how pleased she was with Chelsea’s interview with her conducted days earlier.  “Chelsea did such a great job with interviewing me and I was so impressed with her.  She did an amazing job” stated Crawford.  Chelsea’s story entitled “The Inside Edition on Cafeteria Food” was sure to please as it hit the front page of the Hurricane Watch.

“I was very impressed with how fast Chelsea learned the key journalism concepts taught in class.” stated Journalism Teacher Mr. Williams.

“I never expected to win the award.  It was a bit surprising actually.  I loved the cupcakes.” stated Chelsea.

Next month there will be a new student selected so be sure to do your best work.

2 thoughts on “Chelsea Takes Home the Prize”

1. This girl makes her father and I so very proud….She is the light of our lives!
    We love you to the moon and back princess! Thank you Mr. Williams for recognizing her dedication to her school work.

Love,
    Mommy & Daddy