• August 26Pre-Order your 2019 Yearbook for $42

• August 25Follow us on Instagram @HMSJournalism

Holden Barrett

Parker Grueszecki

Holden Barrett is a math teacher at Heritage. In his first year of teaching, he has covered some very interesting topics. He was born on January 11 in Andice, Texas, which the population was only 68 people. This is his first year at Heritage, but his fourth year in the district.

He was recently a Mathematics Teacher/LPAC coordinator/ESL lead teacher at the Bexar County Learning Center for incarcerated youth. Yes, he has worked with juvenile children who have committed a series of crimes in order to get to him. He attended college at Howard Payne University, where he was lucky enough to meet Ms. Barrett. He has a son named Kole, who will be turning 2 this year.

He has worked in the Law Enforcement area for almost 4 years, where he worked as a Parole Officer, helping adults who have been incarcerated. Now he is helping at risk youth overcome their life obstacles, so they don’t end up like the adults he has worked with. He has worked with incarcerated youth before, but you have to commit a series of crimes in order to get to him.

Holden Barrett is no doubt a good math teacher. Considering he has had experience with math before. With a wife and son, he continues to leave an impact on teens here in 8th grade.