Tue. Nov 24th, 2020

HMS Hurricane Watch

Student Media of East Central Heritage Middle School

Tik Tok making a New Wave

2 min read

Samantha M. & Victoria S. -Photojournalist

Tiktok is a social media platform developed by ByteDance , where you can share short lip-sync, comedy and talent videos. TikTok creates most trends that go on social media . These short videos last 3 to 15 seconds and the loop videos can last 3 to 60 seconds long. 

TikTok has become popular within the teenage community. Teens enjoy this app very much because you can have fun and put in a lot of effort in your videos and might have a chance to become TikTok famous. Teens can lip-sync to their favorite songs and even dance to mashups that people on TikTok create. 

Loren Gray is currently the most TikTok famous star, but she’s been on TikTok since  it was Musical.ly,which is about 4 years. Many people become famous because of their creative content that they post. You can learn dances that people create for fun, and post them.

In April 2014, the old version of Tik Tok(musically) came out , it was the same thing as TikTok but there with more kids then teens on this app. Now it has updated into

TikTok and it’s more attracted to the teen community. Now  eens are more creative into making videos for fame. They make their own type of content instead of just lip-syncing. Teens come up with hilarious trends . They make themselves look very goofy ,and teens have been attached and addicted to this social media platform.

This app attracts all of the communities because people can express themselves without getting judged for it. People from the beauty industry has came onto this app to show off their awesome makeup skills and they get love and affection for it. Teens love this app because its fun and it’s a place where you can express yourself to the world.