Tue. Oct 27th, 2020

HMS Hurricane Watch

Student Media of East Central Heritage Middle School

Josh Gordon Released From Patriots

1 min read

Jackson H.-Photojournalist

Recently, Patriots wide receiver, Josh Gordon was released off injured reserve on Thursday. Gordon had been playing while his left knee was injured and was not part of the teams October 10 win against the New York Giants. He injured the knee while trying to make a tackle after a fumble from the Patriots.

The Patriots used the minor designation for his placement on injured reserve, which more or less signified it as a small injury, because of this, the team had to release him on his return to health. He will however be subject to waivers, and any team can claim him.

In December, Gordon had also been suspended for violating the terms of conditional reinstatement under the drug policy for the NFL. The suspension was lifted in August by Roger Goodell.

On Friday, the Seattle Seahawks claimed the wide receiver as well as doing their “due diligence” on wide receiver Antonio Brown with quarterback Russel Wilson wanting the team to sign brown. Brown had also been released from the Patriots after an investigation was launched into his alleged harassment and intimidation of a woman who accused him of sexual misconduct. The Seahawks are hoping that Gordon can help the team on offense. Pete Carroll called Gordon a “Unique talent”. Gordon will not play on Sunday when Seattle hosts the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but will play the following games afterwards.