Fri. Aug 14th, 2020

HMS Hurricane Watch

Student Media of East Central Heritage Middle School

Top Ranked Buckeyes prepare to take on Penn State in a Big Ten Showdown

2 min read

James T. -Photojournalist

The highly anticipated game coming up with Ohio State Buckeyes going up against the Penn State Lion’s has been awaited upon by fans from both sides. The #2 ranked Buckeyes will be hosting the #8 Nittany Lions in Columbus, as the crew of College Football Gameday will be live in attendance.  Both teams are seeking a spot to represent the Big Ten east division in the Big Ten championship game in Indianapolis in a few weeks. 

The Buckeyes are heading into the matchup with an explosive offensive led by Heisman candidate Justin Fields. The Buckeyes offense is averaging just over 50 points per game this season while the defense has also been dominant giving up just over 200 yards per game and currently rank in the top five for points allowed.  

Penn State is trying to bounce back from a loss in Minnesota just a few weeks back. The Nittany Lions still control their own destiny and could find themselves in the Big Ten title game with a win in Columbus on Saturday.  The Nittany Lions feature a high powered offense led by QB Sean Clifford and WR KJ Hamler. Hamler has been a force for defenses this year totaling 8 touchdowns and nearly 800 total receiving yards.  

The game should be a great matchup as both teams have come down to the wire in the previous two meetings. Winner of the game will place themselves in the driver’s seat to Indianapolis.  ESPN matchup predictor gives Ohio State an 85% chance of victory.  The game is sure to be a good one so be sure to check it out.